Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Which Dilbert character are you?

Having worked in IT for nearly 7 years (crikey), the topic of Dilbert has come up many times in many situations. Often Dilbert characters are used for avatars at work, or discussions have been had about 'Who would be Alice? Dogbert?' and 'Oh yeah, that guy is so much like Pointy Haired Boss'.

So, since we had just updated JIRA to a version that allows avatars, I took on the challenge to find a decent female Dilbert character for me.

The female options in Dilbert are fairly limited, we have:

Alice: The only female "primary" character listed on Wikipedia. Alice is actually a favourite of mine, because she gets so angry. I'm particularly a fan of her "Fist of Death".

He probably deserved it.











Carol: The secretary. It's been too long since I've done admin work, I can't relate. I'm sure all secretaries/office managers hate everyone.










Dilmom: She complains and is lazy. Not bad.

I'm starting to see a pattern that all the woman are angry...











Tina: Tina is the one I chose for my avatar. She's the tech writer, so she has to deal with shit from the developers. It's the closest I could get. (Although, I'm almost leaning towards Alice now. That "Fist of Death" is so awesome.)

Damn you, Dilbert.












Apparently people complained that Tina was too negative and "stereotypical", so, Scott Adams responded to this by creating..

Antina: (get it? ha). Only appearing in one strip other than the introduction one, Adams then got criticised for making fun of lesbians.

For the record, I tried to take the coffee machine apart and failed. I must be Tina.











Liz: Who knew Dilbert had a girlfriend? I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment